We had each other at “hello”. Or “nice to meet you.” One or the other. While we can’t remember exactly what those first words were, what we do remember distinctly is exactly when and where we met (at a BBQ in 2011, at SXSW Interactive in Austin, TX) and how we felt (awesome). And so not to confuse the “all-you-can-eat-pulled-pork and free beer” awesome feeling with the “beginning of a lifelong friendship” awesome feeling, we’re sure it was the latter.
Although we (Renee and Heather) are from different industries, representing uniquely different backgrounds – startup PR and marketing – it quickly became evident that there are two things that we’re both extremely passionate about: startups and marketing them. Those two things would bring us, Heather from Atlantic Canada and Renee from just north of the “Big Smoke” (Toronto), together regularly over the next year and a half, beyond your typical friendship. We’ve developed a bond similar to that of crazy glue. Well, maybe not that strong, but you get what we’re trying to say here…
So it should come as no surprise to anyone that knows us what the big announcement we have to make today is. (A not-so-secret announcement to some, we know.) After working projects together over the last six + months, we’ve proven that there is a desperate need in the startup space for what we do. Not to suggest this wasn’t evident before today (we’ve been doing this for a while now), but it’s grown more and more apparent that PR and content marketing work best when tackled hand-in-hand. Together. Like partners, even.
What this means for startups:
- Qualified startup PR, content marketing and social media specialists focused on helping your company succeed;
- Guaranteed results that get you and your startup in front of the right customers at the right time;
- A three month process designed to take your startup to the next level, increasing awareness, community, traffic and sales;
- Less stress; we manage these tasks so founders can extend their productivity and focus on building a really amazing product;
- Access to our amazing team, network, and best practices we’ve learned along the way.
We are excited to open the doors to you! Please join us in celebrating our excitement by sharing THIS TWEET (or something like it!) with your friends. And while you are at it, join us on Facebook too!
It takes a village
Thanks to everyone who’s helped us get to this exciting day, especially our friends from within the industry, our families in the background, our amazing team (Thanks Shanelle and Crystal!) and most importantly: the startups. Thanks for building the great products that customers love!