You love your job because you’re dealing with people. You also hate your job because, well, you’re dealing with people. It’s complex and unpredictable and rewarding all in the same breath.
With the growing “need” to have a strategic content marketing plan, you are seeing more companies jumping on board for the sake of being part of the party. But they show up empty handed expecting free drinks! After putting on your incredibly talented content marketer hat, you dive into the workload only to realize: “Wow, I work in content marketing”.
But what makes it really, really apparent are these 11 signs.
11 Signs You Work in Content Marketing
1. There is nowhere on the web you wouldn’t go and no technique you wouldn’t try just to share your client’s content.
2. You’re still trying to figure out how to describe what you do in 140 characters or less to your family and friends.
3. You humbly consider it a gift to understand how content strategy, content creation, content promotion and content curation are mutually exclusive.
4. You’ve spoken, thought about and written the words authority, engagement and audience 5,943 times–in the last week.
5. A client’s campaign going viral on social media is like Christmas in June.
6. Customers and prospects are your friends. You want to ease their pain points, nurture them and give them what they want.
7. You’re still figuring out whether blogging, copywriting and inbound marketing are the same thing.
8. You’ve read more data, case studies and eBooks than you’re willing to admit.
9. You’re convinced content marketing is the friendly, more attractive, and more relatable cousin of SEO.
10. You pride yourself in joining the Copyblogger “tribe” and often get lost reading its contagious headlines and countless trainings.
11. Getting approval from a client for a piece of content is like trying to push a parked car uphill–barefoot.
Sometimes you just need a moment to reflect on what draws you to the industry – and a reminder that you aren’t alone.
What are the other signs out there? Let us know in the comments below.